2012年4月28日星期六

Smiles All Round

Japelle1 JAP ELLE COLLAGE

>> Sluggish Bank Holiday post-Istanbul slump has left me with no option but to turn to flashier memories.  I mean FLASH as in camera flash as opposed to bling because I forgot I had been sitting on these extra shots from the Elle Japan shoot I did a while back for their September 'London' issue.  As you guys know, I'm always keen to participate in anything that promote my beloved Laaaaaaandon and all that it offers so again, we went around some shops in a similar vein to the Time Out article with Jackie Dixon of Show Me Your Wardrobe as photographer and giant-flash welder.

Shoots like these are of course an excuse for me to go to treasure troves like Merchant Archive AGAIN and raid the rails for some dressing up...

IMG_3607 IMG_3608

IMG_3436
(My original outfit of vintage Breton top, Opening Ceremony x WTWTA faux fur skirt, Emma Cook for Topshop boots, Corrie Williamson necklace)

IMG_3473
(Worn with 1920s vintage velvet jacket)

IMG_3515
(Vintage kimono, MiH shirt, Lanvin wool trousers, vintage shoes)

IMG_3544

IMG_3554
(Vintage chiffon jumpsuit, beaded shoulder pieces and belt,team soccer jerseys, floral headpiece)

The next natural stop an perhaps as an anti-thesis to the beautiful Merchant Archive is Machine-A where things take a darker and complicated turn... their roster of new designers is always in constant flux so that I'll always discover something new every time I'm in there.  When we did this shoot, this was when I discovered the likes of Yasmin Kianfar and Manuela Dack hence the ensuing posts.

IMG_3804 IMG_3814

IMG_3821

Oh, and I got to see how many steps I could take in Gabriella Marina Gonzalez's towering lace-up wedges before needing assistance.  Actually, Ella from Machine-A was at my side as I hobbled along.  Was feeling something like a 19th century Qing dynasty concubine...

IMG_3636

IMG_3645
(Manuela Dack chiffon and leather jacket, Yasmin Kianfar sheer cut-out dress, Gabriella Marina Gonzalez shoes)

IMG_3677
(Vintage Thierry Mugler suede dress with Gabriella Marina Gonzalez shoes)

A little late in coming but perfect apt to shower the slow-mo Sunday with some toothy, flashy smiles... I almost expect a little twinkle to appear with perhaps a slogan....

"Make your day a better one...

With Merchant Archive and Machine-A..."

*TWINKLE GRIN*

IMG_3710
(Belle Sauvage dress)

More related to the theme of the article: More related to the theme of the article:

没有评论:

发表评论